top of page

IR2 or F2A Visa (Unmarried Minor Children Immigration)

What is an IR2 or F2A Visa?

The IR2 visa is an immigrant visa for unmarried minor children of U.S. citizens. The F2A visa is an immigrant visa for unmarried minor children or spouse of U.S. permanent residents. These types of visas grant these minor unmarried children the rights to work, study, and travel in the United States.


Who is eligible to apply for an IR2 or F2A Visa?

  • The child must be unmarried.

  • The child must be under the age of 21 at the time of application submission.

  • The child needs to be residing outside of the U.S.

  • The child must have lived with the applicant (either a U.S. citizen or a U.S. permanent resident) for more than two years.


Processing Time for IR2 or F2A Visa?

Generally, USCIS will need 14.5 to 18.5 months to process an IR2 visa application. This time frame starts from the date USCIS receives the case. In addition, the F2A visa category is subject to quota limitations, and the applicant can only apply for a visa at a U.S. consulate overseas after the quota's waiting period expires.


What are the fees for an IR2 or F2A Visa application? (subject to change)

  • I-130 form application fee: $535

  • Visa application fee: $445

  • Green card production fee: $220 (must be paid online before the green card is issued)

  • Translation fees: Approximately $500-$800

  • Medical examination fees: Approximately $450-$800


What services does AllBelief Law Firm provide?

  • We will provide you with a complete and clear list of IR2 or F2A visa materials, making all the required materials for the IR2 or F2A visa clear at a glance.

  • We will help you collect and organize your application materials.

  • We will clearly answer all your questions related to your application.

  • We will help you fill out and submit all forms related to the IR2 or F2A visa.

  • We will help you respond to questions from USCIS, and also provide training for your green card interview.

bottom of page