top of page

Extension of Stay

What is Extension of Stay?

If you need to extend your stay in the U.S., you must file a request with USCIS before your authorized stay expires. If you remain in the U.S. longer than authorized, you may be barred from returning and/or you may be removed from the U.S.

Who can apply for Extension of Stay?

You may apply to extend your stay if:

  • You were lawfully admitted into the United States with a nonimmigrant visa;

  • Your nonimmigrant visa status remains valid;

  • You have not committed any crimes that make you ineligible for a visa;

  • You have not violated the conditions of your admission;

  • Your passport is valid and will remain valid for the duration of your stay.

You may not apply for Extension of Stay if you are in following visa categories:

  • C Visa

  • D Visa

  • K Visa

  • S Visa

  • Transit without Visa

  • Visa Waiver Program

What is the Extension of Stay processing time?

The processing time varies depend on the type of visa. Generally speaking, USCIS Texas Service Center will take 6 to 8 month to process the request for extension of stay. This time range is how long it is taking USCIS to process your case from the date they received it.

What are the filing fees for Extension of Stay?

Filing Fees: $370

Biometric Fees: $85

What services will The Deng Law Firm provide?

  • We will provide you with a completed document list for all of the documentation needed for Extension of Stay.

  • We will help you prepare and organize the documentation.

  • We will provide clear answers to any questions you may have for your petition.

  • We will help you sort out the documents need to be translated.

  • We will analyze the facts, prepare legal arguments, and draft a Petition Letter.

  • We will complete and file Form I-539, and any other forms and filing services you purchased.

  • We will help you respond to USCIS questions.

bottom of page